You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘french appetizer recipe’ tag.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 4-5 thin sausages or kosher hot dogs
- 1 egg yolk
1. Roll the puff pastry out to lengthen about 1 – 1/2 inches.
[r] 2. Beat the egg yolk. Brush over the pastry.
3. Put the 1 and 1/2 hot dogs (if using kosher hot dogs) horizontally in a row about 2″ down from the top edge of the pastry.
4. Fold the pastry over the hot dogs. Press the dough around the hot dogs. Keep a 1″ border along the side. Brush some of the egg yolk on the top and sides of the roll. Cut along the border and cut then cut the log crosswise into 1″ pieces.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 two more times. Preheat oven to 355F.
6. Place the sausage rolls on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Serve hot from the oven. Or they may be cooked in advance and then warmed in a 350F oven for 2-4 minutes.